Online marketing strategies change from time to time, and so do search engine optimization (SEO) ranking factors. It is important that a thorough discussion with internet marketers is done if your business has a website from which you get leads and revenue. You can get in touch with the top digital marketing agency to gain more information on SEO ranking factors.
In this article, we will talk about the 12 most important SEO ranking factors in the year 2020. The data has been derived from consultation with a top SEO company Atlanta.
- Use of right target keywords – Keyword research is one of the most important parts of SEO. Identify keywords for your website, which will help in driving traffic to your website. Using long-tail keywords works excellently for SEO now.
- Speed of page loading – Page load speed is directly related to user experience. Low speed of page loading provides a bad user experience. Sites that load quickly are preferred by users and by search engines. They like displaying such pages/websites only.
- Security of the website – When it comes to SEO ranking factors, site security tops the list. Site security means the use of ‘https’ encryption. Such websites have SSL certificates, which help in establishing a secure connection between users and the website.
- Mobile-friendliness – Using a responsive design for your website has become practically mandatory as the majority of people access websites from their mobile devices. Mobile-friendly websites provide better user experience and are also good for search engines.
- Crawlability – Crawlability is a very crucial factor for SEO ranking. If a search engine is not able to find a website, how will it work on its ranking? With crawlability, search engines can scan and review a website and determine its ranking.
- High-quality content – Publishing high-quality content on your website consistently boosts user engagement and also search engine results. Websites with well-crafted and well-researched content rank high in Google search results.
- User engagement – Search engines refer to user experience and engagement to determine the ranking of a particular website. Metrics like time on site, click-through rate and bounce rate are studied for understanding user engagement.
- Optimized content for each page on the website – For attracting search engines, on-page SEO factors have to be taken into consideration as well. It is recommended to optimize individual pages on the website with specific targeted keywords.
- Backlink profile – Backlinks are signals for a search engine to make them understand that a website is authoritative and credible. The number as well as the quality of backlinks to your website has a great impact on search rankings. High-quality backlinks are required for the success of any website.
- Structured data – Structured data, which is also known as Schema Markup, refers to microdata, which is added to a webpage’s backend so that the search engine understands how to interpret and classify content and ranks the website accordingly.
- Age of the domain – A prominent ranking factor is the age of the domain, though one does not have much control over this. It has been seen that older domains have better ranks in search engines.
- Steady business listings – Steady business listings are an important factor for SEO. They are also known as citations. These help in establishing a brand identity, and search engines love such websites.
Keep these factors in mind to achieve the best results.